We can help you understand your rights and obligations as an employer, and help you manage the complete employee lifecycle. We can develop your internal HR policies, support you with recruitment and retention, and assist you when things go wrong and the employment relationship comes to an end.
All Services in Employment & Payroll Advisory
HR Policies & Procedures
HR policies and procedures play a crucial role in formalising everything from day to day operational matters to compliance with employment laws. In addition to protecting your organisation from legal claims, policies play a vital role in signifying an organisation's corporate values and fostering a culture of trust, fairness, and inclusion.
Our expert lawyers and business advisors can assist in preparing or reviewing your HR policies and procedures to ensure you're business is covered so you can focus on what matters.
Payroll Processes and cloud HR Systems
While payroll is a common process in any business, a poorly designed payroll process can expose a business to inefficiencies, increased costs and fraud risk. Our expert business advisers can assist your business by ensuring your payroll process is robust, with the necessary internal controls to ensure efficiency and cost minimisation while at the same time complying with relevant industrial laws and regulations.
We can also setup comprehensive cloud HR management systems to help your business efficiently manage the complete employee lifecycle from recruitment and retention to termination.
Our expert advisers work with a network of professional payroll specialists to facilitate an end-to-end outsource payroll function, that ensures all relevant payroll reporting and compliance requirements are met.
Our outsourced payroll service includes:
- Setup of Payroll ensuring compliance with Single Touch Payroll and SuperStream requirements
- Setup of new employees
- Setup of common employee transactions processes i.e. Expense claims, Leave management
- Monthly Payroll reconciliations
- Preparation and Lodgement of Activity Statements
- Preparation and Lodgement of Payroll Tax Returns
- Processing of annual payroll reports via STP
- Employee Termination Payments processing and advice
- Setup and Processing of superannuation payments
- Responding to employee pay and remuneration queries
Fair Work and Modern Awards Compliance
It's important for employers to understand the specific minimum entitlements for each employee and understand the interaction between The Fair Work Act 2009 (FW Act) and over 100 Modern Awards. This includes minimum pay, penalty rates, allowances, break requirements and leave rules.
We can help you navigate the complexities by reviewing and addressing any gaps or risks in your payroll to ensure you are compliant and your employees are receiving the correct entitlements.
Safe Work Advisory
Under Commonwealth and State work health and safety laws, Directors and Officers of a business must ensure the business complies with its work health and safety obligations. As an employer you are responsible for eliminating or minimising risks to health and safety of workers at work. You are also required to have a workers compensation insurance policy and responsibility for supporting injured workers successfully returning to sustainable work.
Our expert advisers can assist your business in ensuring you are meeting your workplace safety obligations.
Employer Obligations (Superannuation and Tax)
From state payroll tax and workers’ compensation to superannuation and reporting requirements, your business has obligations to your employees that need to be met. We can advise you on what your requirements are and help you minimise the cost to your business.
We can help you to:
- Set up your payroll system to simplify your superannuation and tax reporting requirements
- Superannuation guarantee reviews by reviewing your payroll data to ensure the correct amount of superannuation has been paid within the required timeframe
- Assist you rectify any superannuation errors or underpayments under the ATO Superannuation Guarantee Charge process
- Help you respond to the ATO or State Revenue Office for audit or compliance reviews, including negotiating reduced penalties on your behalf